Town-wide Collection Residential Solid Waste
and Recyclables for Borough Residents
RULES AND REGULATIONS
Solid Waste collection is contracted for by the Borough, through the Solid Waste Utility, for residential pickup only. Our hauler is Suburban Disposal. Although payments are made to the Borough complaints are made directly to the hauler for missed pick ups and other issues via email. Payments are due the 15th of January, April, July and October; and the bill is mailed once a year at the end of December. If you wish, feel free to pay the whole year at one time. PLEASE DO NOT PLACE GARBAGE CONTAINERS AT THE CURB BECAUSE YOU PAY FOR REAR/SIDE YARD SERVICE. A monthly bulk trash pickup and three containers per pickup of grass and other bagged or bundled vegetation waste, tree limbs, discarded shrubs on the regular collection between April 1st through November 1st are provided for curbside pickup. The containers may at no time exceed 50 lbs. in weight or they may not be picked-up. See schedule for specific dates.
RECYCLING - Is every other Wednesday per district
- Commingled (all glass, aluminum cans, tin cans and plastic containers, types 1-2, may be placed outside your home for pickup in the blue recycling buckets provided by the Borough, at the same location where your garbage is collected. You can identify which type plastic a container is by looking for the number inside a triangle imprinted on the bottom of the container.
- Newspaper, shiny paper should be put into brown paper bags and cardboard (should broken down) in one box or bundled
- Motor oil must be taken to the Recycling Center.
- Annexed is a list of various household items and where they fit into the recycling program.
- Borough Recycling Center is open Monday thru Saturday 9:00 am to 2:00 pm, Sunday closed.